1. Tenancies will run from 1st January to 31st December annually.
2. Rents will be collected annually during January, payable in advance [water rates may be charged as a variable extra].
3. Rents/rates will be reviewed annually, and any increases advised no later than 1st November each year.
4. Access to plots and boundaries must be kept clear and clean at all times. You are responsible for the access to your plot and the boundaries to it.
5. A path of no less than 46 cm [18”] width is to be maintained between plots.
6. No fencing is to be erected on or around plots before the tenant has requested permission from the Parish Council, in writing and received written permission from the Parish Council.
7. No buildings or cages of any type are to be erected on plots before the tenant has requested permission from the Parish Council, in writing and received written permission from the Parish Council. At the end of the tenancy, any buildings or cages placed on a plot must be removed at the tenants expense.
8. No trees are to be planted on plots before the tenant has requested permission from the Parish Council, in writing and received written permission from the Parish Council.
9. No livestock of any kind are to be kept on plots at any time.
10. No poisons, fungicides, herbicides, noxious sprays or any similar materials are to be kept on plots at any time or containers so marked.
11. No poisons, fungicides, herbicides, or other sprays or similar noxious materials which cannot be purchased in retail shops by the general public are to be used on allotment plots at any time.
12. No nuisance is to be caused to other tenants or neighbouring properties. In particular, fires should only be lit when the weather conditions are suitable. Only allotment "waste" is to be burned or composted on allotment plots unless prior permission is given by the Parish Council.
13. Bozeat Parish Council reserves the right not to renew any tenancy.
14. Hose pipes may not be used from the water supply provided by the Parish Council.
15. Holders of allotments not cultivated, or regularly maintained, for 12 calendar months will forfeit their tenancy, unless the Parish Council is notified of any special circumstances for non-
16. Any tenant taking on a previously abandoned plot must pay rent for the first year, but rent for the second year may, at the discretion of the Parish Council, be waived should the plot be satisfactorily cultivated.
17. A waiting list will be maintained and plots issued giving priority to new tenants strictly on a first-
18. If no waiting list exists, vacant plots will be advertised on the Parish Council's official notice board in the High Street or in the Bozeat Matters magazine.
19. No rubbish or soil to be placed on the central track at any time.
20. All allotments to be let by the Allotments Manager or Parish Council Representative only.
21. Plots may not be transferred, exchanged, or ceded without the consent of the Parish Council.
22. All full size plots which become vacant will be issued as two half plots to two new tenants.
Web Edition: Original updated 12 January 2009
|Agenda and Minutes|
|Highways & Lighting|
|For Crown and Country|
|Policies and Terms of Reference|
|Village Plan and Action Plan|
|Terms and Conditions|